Our Office

Billing & Insurance

We participate with many local and national insurance plans; however, it is the responsibility of the patient to confirm  eligibility and whether we are contracted with your medical plan.

Before your health insurance starts paying benefits for rendered services, you may be responsible for any co-pay, co-insurance, deductible and out-of-pocket maximums.

Co-Pay - The specific amount you're expected to pay at the time of a medical service (i.e., doctor's visit) or receive a pharmacy prescription.  These fees are established by your health plan and usually printed on your insurance ID card.

Deductible - The amount you're expected to pay before any health benefits go into effect.  A deductible amount is calculated yearly; therefore, you have to  meet a new deductible each year of your policy.  Deductible amounts vary by plan and can be separated into individual or family deductibles.

Co-Insurance - The percentage of the covered costs you're expected to pay after your deductible is met.  For example, an 80/20 co-insurance plan requires you to pay 20 percent of the covered costs, while your insurance plan is responsible for the remaining 80 percent.  Please note that co-insurance and co-pays are not the same.  A co-pay is the specific amount you pay during your visit, while your co-insurance is the percentage you're required to pay for covered costs after your deductible is met.  

Out-of-Pocket Maximum - The yearly maximum amount or cap you need to meet for your medical plan to pay 100% of your health expenses which are considered medically necessary.  Your monthly insurance premiums are excluded in this cap; however your deductible, co-insurance and co-pays may be applied toward this maximum amount.